The Skinny Knitter

Thursday, October 13, 2005

I've decided it's not gas.

Those little bubbly feelings? I think it's the babe!! You'd think after going through this whole thing before I'd be able to seperate the two, but it's taken me a few days for that to sink in. It's an amazing feeling, tiny, obscure, and tickly. It almost makes me want to scratch my tummy raw, and I have to stop in wonder and realize it's a whole nother person. And how lucky I am to experience it. Even if it does mean not pooping for two weeks.

There are times I still forget I'm pregnant, like when I first wake up in the morning and go to haul myself out of bed to turn off the screaming alarm. It scares the shit out of me some mornings to look down and see a huge white bulge shooting out of me. And then I remember. And then I run to go pee, cause, the bladder? Not taking this whole thing all too well.

My boss made my morning today by telling me I looked glamorous. Shirt stretched to the max and all. I then proceeded to show her just HOW glamorous I am by tripping over my own foot, and throwing myself halfway across the room before I could catch myself. In all reality I think I look like a freak of nature. I've recently been compared to an apple with toothpicks shoved in the bottom. By the same woman, I might add. See, I've lost almost 10 pounds since I began this adventure because I cut back on some meds I was taking that puffed me all up. So my legs are back to the toothpicks they started out as, while my tummy & boobs are ever expanding. It's almost like a science experiment.....how much can they hold until they snap off??

I finished blocking my cardigan and now it looks huge. Like HUGE, huge. It has killed any inspiration to seam it all up. Maybe I'll get it wet again and just crinkle it all up in a little ball to see if it shrinks back up and resumes it's normal smaller if slightly rolled look. I'm hoping to finish it soon so I can post some pics....it really is purty.

And Mr. Drake's sweater? We were having a chat on the way home from school/work yesterday about it. He informed me he "really likes it, but would REALLY like it if it had a hood." Cool. It'd have been nice to know that a few months ago. He then proceeded to tell me he thought it'd be REALLY REALLY cool if the hood had some kind of fuzzy stuff inside. Like, he had no idea what exactly, just fuzzy. I'm thinking I'll make the hood seperate from the sweater so he can still wear it while I work on the hood.

Cause at the pace I work at the damn thing will be too small by the time the hood is finished. And then I can just attach it onto the latest sweater.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh! I remember that feeling and it was wonderful. Enjoy it!!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Hey - are you ever going to update this thing??? :-)

    Hope you're doing well...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home