The Skinny Knitter

Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's good to be 5

You know, I came into work today and had a total bitch session including: feet stomping, arm crossing, and pouting. I DIDN'T GET MY GOOD VACATION!!! And now I feel better. Those 5 year olds, they're onto something.

My body is in some kind of shock, and I feel like such a freak. The 105 degree heat did something to my internal thermostat and it's no longer functioning. It's August, correct? Why am I sitting here in a TURTLENECK?? Why? And, okay, I'll admit....I also have a space heater pointed directly at me under my desk. If building management knew about that one there'd be a battle. They have a policy against them, but have no ability to make the temperature of the building comfortable. We're either all huddled in our offices, wrapped up in anything remotely heat giving...kleenex. Kleenex provides heat when you're really cold. Or it's the other way around, and suit jackets are flung on the floor, sweat dripping off our foreheads as we plug away.

In Mr. Drake news the hubby found some long lost lego's during his parent's move that are the.coolest.ever. They're not just any lego's....they're pirate lego's. I just don't get it, but if you are a boy you do. Swords, pirates, treasure chests, and ships are the greatest creation. The hubby is even grown up enough to refuse to GIVE them to Drake. Instead he keeps telling him they're on loan. I've asked him a few times what his plans are, but he keeps mumbling something about entering a lego building in the state fair.

And you think knitters are crazy?

4 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Isn't it funny how the smallest things can turn our husbands into little boys again? :)

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Pirates and Legos? Oh dear...what's a man to do? Too funny...poor Drake. Did you know there's an all Lego store at Bel-Square?

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would you update this darn thing already?! I keep checking, but nothing!!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger knittyauntie said…

    ya,me 2, hope everythings ok!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home