The Skinny Knitter

Friday, October 07, 2005

Sooooooooo



I'm guessing the thing you guys would most like to see is a picture of my bloated, preggo self. Right? You see, that is all I can give you right now.

Last night I was just about to finish the last sleeve on my cardigan. And by last sleeve, I also mean last thing I need to finish. Anyway. I waltzed on down to my LYS to pick up the one stinking ball I needed to finish during my lunch hour only to discover they didn't have anymore. WHAT??? Do they have no heart? I mean, how can they subject a hormonal pregnant woman in heels to that kind of torture. HOW DARE THEY.

So, my day tomorrow is planned for me. I will be driving from store to store trying to find one goddamned skein. You'd think this would teach me a lesson, but I promise you, it won't. My brain was never given the planning cell, and so I tend to just buy what I think I'll need and not give it a second thought. Until I'm knitting away and come to a six inch piece of yarn....that is the rest of the ball. And then I swear, throw, and jab knitting needles into couch cushions (better than the hubby, right??)

I'm obviously just stalling. Showing a picture of my preggo self to the world is humbling. Not only because, well, I'm still coming to terms with it, and shock the hell out of myself when I see my reflection. But because I LOOK TOTALLY 100% PREGNANT. I took a walk around the building the other day and when I rounded the corner and was faced with a wall of reflective windows I thought, wow, look...there's a real pregnant lady walking by me. And then I noticed she was wearing the same shoes. And skirt. And HOLY SHIT that is ME. I must have caught some eyes as I slowly touched my hands to the mound and felt to make sure it really was attached to me. It was.

Can I tell you I recently realized the joy of being pregnant at this very time? You see, I will be eating Thanksgiving dinner with elastic waisted pants on. Think of all that room!!!! And I can just blame it on the baby. Might as well let them enjoy the meal also, right?

Shield your eyes as necessary...












And as if that isn't enough for you...













Also, please note where I'm at in these. Yes, that does happen to be the bathroom at work, otherwise known as my second home.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness! you look beautiful! And I love the hair cut too. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Jodi said…

    OMG - you are the cutest pregnant lady EVER! Adorable!!

    And HOW can the coworkers NOT know your're pregnant -- it is very obvious it's that, and not that you're fat! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home