The Skinny Knitter

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Excuses, Excuses

You see, there might be another reason I disappeared for a while there. Other than I didn't feel like knitting anymore.

I just might be, well, pregnant.

You heard me. The same woman who swore up and down I was not going to have another. I swear no more. I guess I should've known that when you put two of the most fertile people on earth together accidents are bound to happen. And yes, even with measures taken to ensure accidents DON'T happen. I'm telling ya'll....I'm one of those 1%ers.

And yes, after this one there will be scissors (or possibly a razor??) involved in ensuring there are no more accidents. Snip, Snip my friends.

But in the meanwhile I'm gonna be a mommy again, and little man is SO EXCITED. We waited to tell everyone until this weekend (I'm almost 11 weeks). My parents didn't believe me for a full 1/2 hour because I've always been so adamant about not having anymore kiddo's.

We sat down with Drake yesterday and told him he's gonna be a big brother. His little face broke into the biggest grin, totally thrilled. We went to Trader Joe's soon after and he kept going on and on quite loudly how we gave him his greatest wish, just like wishing on a star. He's gonna be a big brother. He then proceeded to tell everyone in sight that his momma has a baby in her tummy.

Maybe I should be thankful....at least now they won't all think I'm just a little pudgy around the middle. And I so am...my pants don't fit, my regular shirts are stretched to their limit. I mean, really, how soon is too soon to start wearing maternity clothes? Do I need to pop a seam first? Bust a button? Cause I'm getting pretty damn close.

With Drake I was sick as a dog. No, worse. There was no morning sickness, nope. It was morning, noon & night sickness. I swore then I would only have one. I just couldn't imagine puking on a regular basis ever again. I have a friend who just found out she is pregnant a few weeks ago also. She came to me wailing "WHY? Why do they not tell you how HORRIBLE this is? WHHHHYYYY???? Why do I only like the cheap mac n' cheese? And nothing else? Not even chocolate." And I totally feel for her.

This time, it's like somethings really broken in me...I haven't been all that sick. There are lots of things I still can't stomach (french fries taste way better on the way down) but I'm living and have only puked a few measly times. That's huge people. I might FEEL like puking quite a bit, but have managed to keep everything where it belongs.

Now the laziness...it's getting out of hand. There have been times where I haven't moved from the couch for 5 straight hours. My ass is going to be the size of Mt. Rushmore if I don't quit this. I just don't feel like doing anything. ANYTHING. I just want to sit, and stare off into space. I don't even know if my brain is working in those moments, and I don't really care. Most people who know me, know exactly why I'm so skinny....cause I NEVER STOP MOVING. I can't even sit still in a meeting without kicking my feet under the table, or playing with my pen, or fingers, or SOMETHING. I can't just sit. Which is exactly why I took up knitting. It's perfect for me.

But something snapped and I love to just sit.

Okay, enough about me. I was cleaning my house yesterday and just trying to imagine how much I would freak out if one inch of water was covering my floor, not to mention 20 feet. My heart breaks for all those people, I can't even imagine. I have been lucky enough have lived for 20 something years and never had anything remotely like that happen to me. For that I am infinitely grateful. My heart goes out to all those affected.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Oh my.
    I'm still picking my jaw up from the floor.
    But I'm thrilled for you!
    And you'll get some energy back soon...and a desire to knit teeny tiny baby things. ;)
    Congrats!

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    HOLY CRAP! That's amazing!!! Congrats to you!!!!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Congrats Sam!!! Time to start knitting all those kewl baby things.
    Beth

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger knittyauntie said…

    Holy Crap is everyone in the knit-blog universe preggers except me(I best not talk to loud, and trigger something.I'm 2 young to be a mommy!!)?!?!?!?!?!?!

    Congrats though! The lil ones always get phyced when mom is expecting.I have a 3 yr old neice and her mom (my sis) and my other sis were preggers at the same time last year.I spent a lot of time with her and she would come up to me and ask if I had a baby in my tummy to! lil ones are 2 cute!!!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Yay! What good news! I remember not long ago when you said, no, I don't want any more babies... but when you talked about your son your eyes sparkled. Congratulations and mwah!

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    WOWSERS! Well, CONGRATS! Hey, if you wanna just sit there....just sit there. It's not as if your body was making a baby or anything like that! ;) I'm really happy for you...and for Drake.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Stalker Angie said…

    Congrats Sam!! Wow....just...wow. It's always so hard to decide how to act when someone lays that news on ya. On one hand you are thrilled to death for them and on the other you wanna say "Omg I am so sorry you are gonna be sick and sore and.." But mostly I am just thrilled for you and for Drake. Another beautiful baby on the way. :)

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Sherrill said…

    congrats to you....and yes, you can wear those loose fitting shirts...it'll be alright. As for not wanting to do anything...that will get better to. Hormones...God was having a feeling like a joker when he handed those out to us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home