The Skinny Knitter

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

You know it's been too long when.....

You go to the blogger site and it doesn't have your blog bookmarked anymore.

You can't remember your login to blogger....bad sign.

Sorry ya'll....I was really having a rough time there for a bit. My hormones took over and I have never wanted to punch/run away/sleep/ignore/whine so much in my life. Well, maybe, but I think I was around 15. You'll have to ask my mom about that one.

Something has clicked and now that I'm in my second trimester I have regained a forgotten something once again, ENERGY. I know the hubby wishes it was sex drive, but sorry, not this week. I'm huge right now, like bloated whale huge. Like I look like I'm 5 months preggo huge. I love to watch the look on my friends faces as I come hauling myself out of the car and introduce them to my belly.

Drake, he compares it to a volcano. Thanks bud.

You know, pregnancy, it's an interesting thing. At first you feel like SUCH SHIT, but you can't really tell anyone because you don't want to tell people too soon about it. So you have to suffer in quiet, and be totally miserable. Then, just when it starts going away and you actually feel like a NORMAL PERSON your belly pops out and speaks for itself. I understand I'm just one of the millions of people who are, or have gone through this, but I can't be the first to question that process.

There are still quite a few people here at the office I haven't told yet...I'm just waiting for one of them to have the balls to ask me. And when they do I have my response prepared.

"That is SUCH an inappropriate question to ask. I can't believe you just asked that"

And then depending on whether I like them or not I'll give em the truth with a smile, or just walk away. Heh.

My knitting progress...well, it's been an off & on affair. I started a new cardigan, Buzz, from Rowan 37














which I am totally loving. I'm making it in a grey-blue, and if I do say so myself it's gorgeous. I showed it to the hubby, and the first comment out of his mouth? I hope you're making an XL. Gee, thanks. I'm not doing the buttons, but instead making two little ties at the top so it can go on the sides of my belly, while it's huge, and still be able to wear it after I pop. I'm almost finished with the right front and then all I have left to do is the sleeves.

We find out the sex of this little one in about 5 weeks (my Dr.'s making us wait too long if you ask me) and then I can start knitting lots of little blue or pink bebe things, which thrills me. They are so sweet. Too bad all a baby does when you try and put the sweet little things on them is scream, but hopefully I'll get to admire them before it decides to poop, pee or throw up on them.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Stalker Angie said…

    Glad you are feeling better Sam. You had us worried there for a bit!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Hi Samantha! I'm glad your pregnancy is still (relatively speaking!) going along well and that you're healthy, etc. I can't wait to see your new cardi when it's finished! Good plan to leave room for your bump. Then you can always wear it later with ties or still add buttons.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam, at music class today, several 3 year olds were asking me what on earth was in my belly. When I told them a baby, they looked scared!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jodi said…

    Yay! So glad you're back!!

    Hope you are feeling well -- I'd love to see a belly pic!! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home