The Skinny Knitter

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Let the countdown begin....

Two days, TWO DAYS, people until I'll be cruising in the rented minivan to hot and sunny Calif-or-nia. Like it's not been hot and sunny enough here in the Seattle area. My god, it's been miserable.

Usually every night before bed we run around and do the door & window closure routine. We live in a totally safe neighborhood, but I'm a freak and can't sleep if even one window dares to be cracked open more than the allowed 2 inches (with the lock on, of course!) So this morning when I woke up and the house was FREEZING I ran around and did an inspection because I just knew something had gotten left open.

The sliding glass door was wide open, just begging for someone to come in and take our entire sad collection of belongings. Drake and I got up at around the same time, shivering, and looking at each other like WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED??!! Last thing we remembered we were sprawled out on our beds, wanting to die we were so hot.

But back to the minivan.....I am SO not a minivan person. The trip in the minivan is really pushing my limits. I just want to put a sign on the window as we make the treck, the back of the van stuffed to the roof with brown & orange sleeping bags, camping stoves, etc, "YES, WE ARE INDEED ROADTRIPPERS."

It's so embarrassing to
(1) Be driving in the fast lane pushing 60 (the FIL is a, well, interesting driver. It's all or nothing with him. Either 80 or 55. And no rhyme or reason for either)

(2) Have non-tinted windows so that everyone passing us sees my mouth wide open catching flies while I'm totally passed out with boredom.

(3)BE SEEN IN A MINIVAN.

I agree, they do have some winning qualities. Just not for me.

I still haven't narrowed down what projects I'm bringing with me. For some reason I seem to think I can get EVERY project I have yarn for finished and I've felt a compulsive need to order more yarn because I won't have anything left after this trip. Ya, right. Uh-huh. Very logical.

I am going to bring the lime green Cascade 220 superwash I got at
Little Knits for the "Terry Cable Sweater" because Drake is anxiously awaiting it. You should have seen his eyes light up when he saw the blinding-ness of that yarn. It was love at first sight.

I'm also gonna bring some sock yarn, because I'm thinking that will be the perfect project for taking with me to the music. Portable, and easy.

TWO DAYS!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm the same way, I love minivans for trips, but could never own one. I would miss my sports car ;-)

    Enjoy the trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Oh good, Drake will be happy to have his Kermit sweater to match his Kermit socks. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home