The Skinny Knitter

Thursday, September 29, 2005

A true Washingtoneon

I love the rain. Today is our first rainy, windy, grey, day of the season and I'm in love. I took a little jaunt outside just to breath in the fall air. Ahhhh...there is nothing better. And that is why I will always live in Washington. I get so sick of sunshine I just want to curl up under a blankey and read a book. Don't make me go run outside and put my feet in the hot sand...I DON'T WANNA!! Does that make me weird?

It also gives me a good reason to wear bulky concealing sweaters. I thought it was a great thing, until today my boss came and said she had the first person ask her if I was pregnant. She's a rockstar. She looked right at them and said "I really don't know and really don't care. If you want to know ask her." They were so shocked I believe they just walked away, white faced with embarassment. We had a good giggle. Hehe

Us moms have to stick together in the corporate world. There's a whole lot of sharks dressed in suits I'm finding out.

I'm also finding out that if I drink as much water as I'm supposed to I live in the bathroom. Which could be a good excuse to hide away if there wasn't all you can use free hairspray, and someone on my floor that loves to take full advantage of it. If you wear glasses I'd hop the elevator down to the next floor, cause they'll be coated in 3.5 seconds if you step in there. I thought about jimmy rigging the extra tp door to hide my knitting and give me something to do on all those trips, but got a little worried about the janitor finding it and throwing the "pile of string" in the trash. You know, those tampon strings sure are getting out of hand!

I'm now officially banned from the library...they sent me a letter kindly letting me know. You see, I went through a pretty bad period there, a period with about 30 books checked out and no motivation to return them. And when I finally did they informed me I was SO late I now have $75 in library fees. No joke people, $75 freaking dollars. Who's going to pay $75 dollars in fines? Not this someone, that's for damn sure. So now I'm on my buy all my books kick again. This kick seems to happen whenever my library fines get to be more than ohhh, say my electric bill for the month.

So, since my book selection is severly limited I need some advice....what are some good baby knitting books? I'm getting that itch to knit itsy bitsy baby things. You know, little booties that won't stay on, tiny sweaters to be spit up on....that sort of thing. They are so darn cute...who could resist???

Or course, I'll probably have to end up making matching sweaters as Drake will be insanely jealous. But I'm caught in that feeling guilty because I'm taking time away from my original baby. And I'm sure he'll feed on that guilt and end up with happy meals every day of the week. He's smart like that.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Samantha, I love Erika Knight's books. She has a couple that have sweet, yet simple, things for babes.

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lol, you are silly! I would never be able to live in WA, too rainy and dreary for me. Not like NJ is all that great ;-) Hugs to everyone

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Your boss rocks! What an awesome answer.

    Hmmm...I'm with Karma. Erika Knight's stuff is great. And of course, Debbie Bliss has some fab stuff. And if your into color works, Zoe Mellor's Nursery Knits ain't bad either. :)

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Yeah, that mommy guilt will get you every time. Sigh.
    And by the time you buy a few knitting books, you'll be shelling out almost $75...so just pay the fines, you silly goof. Consider it a donation to a good cause, and then request lots and lots of knitting books via inter library loan! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home