The Skinny Knitter

Friday, July 08, 2005

Happy Thoughts

I am so excited to show you pictures of my stash run at the Skeins sale. I was thinking yesterday, you know, they have places for alcohol addiction, drug addiction, and just about any addiction you could dream up. But do they have a place for yarn addiction? Because I would have to admit myself.

It's getting THAT BAD. Proof? (And please notice my beautiful backgrounds I so carefully planned out. Even if it meant getting my yarn slightly dirty.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(for the Perfect T from Magknits: 8 balls)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Button up sweater for the little man: 6 balls)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Who knows (yet)??: 10 balls black, 7 balls red)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Socks for mama: 2 balls)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Ribbony yarns for summer tanks: 10 skeins blue, 12 skeins white)

Believe me now? (and that's just from Saturday's run) Lock me up.

I find myself pondering when I can sneak away and head to another yarn store. What excuse can I come up with this time to NEED to be in downtown Seattle between the hours of 11-4? And better yet, an excuse I haven't used yet. The hubby's starting to see through my "just because" excuse, and poor Drake has been used once to many times also. But anyway, yarn diet. That's what I keep telling myself.

Everyone in my family has very addictive personalities. We're all a little like cookie monster. C-O-O-K-I-E-S. My brothers? They started smoking and have tried over and over to quit. Same with my dad. My mom goes through fits; quilting, knitting, baking, sewing. I never tried smoking, don't like alcohol all that much, but YARN. GIVE ME YARN.


My birthday is this next week, and my son is convinced that on my birthday I will officially be "Old." I love it when you tell your child what year you were born in and their eyes get big and round, unable to comprehend there were years that started with 19__. "You mean you were born before there were 2000's?" Why yes, I am THAT old. I will no longer be mid 20's. I'll be midish to late 20's. I don't know why I'm so surprised that I'm getting older, but I really am.

In my head I'm still the hot little 18 year old with perky breasts, flat stomach, and wearing a size 1. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I've had a child, must wear "uplifting" bras, have gained 20 pounds, and my stomach can no longer be described as pretty (and definitely not flat). This whole coming of age thing, I swear, is harder on the mind that the body.

Which could explain why I looked in the mirror last night and had the sudden urge to run in place in front of the tv for excercise. It dark, we don't have a treadmill, and I was so frightened I decided I must do something. That is, until I collapsed on the floor in a panting, sweaty mess and reached for the shortbread for strength. And courage. Did ya'll know shortbread gives courage? We've uncovered the mystery behind the strength of Scottish warriers. Shortbread.

I decided I'd just get up early and go running, but we all know that didn't happen. I swear, my brain is programmed hit the snooze button. It has no idea how to just get up at the first buzzing. So hopefully this weekend will find me out running around the neighorbood. And if you see a woman with short dark hair collapsed on the sidewalk, please be kind enough to scoop her up and give her some shortbread.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    Great stash. I'm sooooo envious of that Calmer. I've been dying to make the T.

    Yarn shopping is just killer. The more you have, the more you want. I've placed orders for more Koigu online...but then forced myself to exit out before I hit "submit". But it's so tempting.

    You know, a birthday sounds like a good reason to go yarn shopping to me. As a woman nearing the big Three-Oh (as in "Oh my freaking God!") I sympathize. But you know, bunch of Rowan Kidsilk Haze would probably make you feel like a kid again. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home