The Skinny Knitter

Friday, June 10, 2005

I present to you

Doggy Pi

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Turned out cute. A little floppy, but cute.

And another pic with the dear doggy in it.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yes. You may laugh.

And yes, I know you are laughing with me not at me.

A $40 too small frisbee. Phhhhtt.


In other news my knitting life seems to have taken a turn for the worse. I know we can't have a life full of successes, there has to be failures in there somewhere. But I ask you, WHY MY KNITTING?!?!?! Can't I have failure somewhere else? I'd even take my cooking. Or cleaning. But KNITTING?? WHY??

For Mother's Day the wonderful hubby took me to a yarn store with a great sale and handed me some bills. Does life get any better? I went completely crazy for a good hour, hoarding & eyeing everyone, convinced they were out to take MY sale yarn away from me. Then my eyes fell on the most bea-u-ti-ful pink cotton yarn that would make the perfect tank top. I gathered it up in my basket with one quick sweep of the arm and dared anyone to even THINK about taking it from me. I decided to knit it in the round so it'd be simple, with no seams. Then I added some lace to the bottom to make it more feminine. And when it was finished? TOO SMALL. Oh, the words that flew out of my mouth when I realized I'd spent 40+ hours knitting with tiny size 3 needles and thin, thin, yarn only to have it attack me and suck to my body so tightly I could hardly peel it off. It was not a pretty sight. So I decided that perhaps I should use a pattern and stop being so damn artsy fartsy thinking I can just come up with my own.

I opened up my book o patterns and what did I see? I had made Soliel without a pattern. Damn I'm brilliant. HAHA. So I had to rip it out and cast on A FEW MORE STITCHES and start all over again. But with bigger needles. And the yarn doubled up.

See we all have to start somewhere.

And I'm lucky enough to start at the bottom and work my way up.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Stalker Angie said…

    Oooh I like that Soliel pattern. Now I have to buy yarn to make it!

    And I luuuuurve the puppy dawg. Shih Tzu? Lhasa Apso? Is what he/she looks like. I have 1 Lhasa Apso male, a ½ Lhasa ½ Shih Tzu female and a puppy they had together. So cute and scrunchy!!

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Katy said…

    I have had many of those knitting disasters. They bite.
    So is another doggy pi in the works? ;)

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    Ooohh Stalker Angie, you're good. He's a Shih Tzu! I just love the breed....very cuddly and well....SCRUNCHY! perfect word.

    And Katy...no more doggy pi's in my future. I give up. :) Everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I said I was knitting up a doggy bed, and I bow down. I was. So I'm heading out to Target like a normal sane person to buy a damn bed. Hehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home