The Skinny Knitter

Friday, May 27, 2005

Sandals & Bandaids

Is there anything sexier??? I slowly turned into one of those girls you laugh at. You know, the ones wearing the incredibly cute, horribly uncomfortable looking shoes hobbling down the sidewalk. They are trying so hard to float along and instead they are stumbling along with a painful grin on their face. We've all seen them. Today, that was me.

A beautifully warm sunny day in Seattle calls for a walk. Especially if you're cooped up in an office all day. ESPECIALLY if it's Friday, in the 80's, and you're dying to go home, but can't.

So I decided I'd walk around the block a few times and get some fresh air. Ahhhh, car exhaust and iced coffee. Does life get any better? So I'm walking. And walking. And suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my left foot. I was in such bliss I failed to notice my shoes were rubbing holes in my feet. I looked down and BOTH feet had holes rubbed in them. Painful holes. I realized this as I was at the farthest point from my building on that block. Nice lady in the Jag with the windows up and a/c on....wouldn't you like to give a sweaty lady with bloody feet a ride? No? Didn't think so.

So I trudged back. Slowly. With my feet hanging out the back of my very cute sandals. I was one of those.

And bandaids & sandals? Not so cute or sexy.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Stalker Angie said…

    I absolutely hate getting Oh-So-Cute sandals only to have them rub their way halfway through my foot. I'll just stick with flip flops since I can wear them to work. Hooray!

    Oh, and you've been officially stalked. :)

    Welcome to blogland!

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! Another blog for me to be addicted to! Great start - I was laughing!

    Um, and yesterday I was one of THEM - the hobbling women in the cute shoes... Nice blister on my right pinkie toe right now... :-)

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Katy said…

    Welcome to blogland!
    The knitting-while-driving is too much. (Can you talk on your cell phone simultaneously, too?)

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, you had me laughing so hard. Not sexy, but btdt. Hope they are better today.

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Hey ya Sam! Love the visual. But knitting and driving at the same time??? Whoo boy, I'm not even that manic!

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    TMK and I visited your new blog and read your entries and had a big, big laugh over the sandals and bandaids, the bugs, and "knee driving." But my laughing came to an abrupt halt when I realized: Oh, my Gawd, I'm old enough to be your mother! ;-)

    Welcome to the world of blogging! I hope it proves to be as fun for you as it has been for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home